We will set up a boudoir in the studio, where our model will pose as we work from life. We'll set up photo sessions with the model--in the boudoir, the bathroom, hanging laundry in the beautiful garden. We will explore neighboring villages to take lots of photos. You will have hundreds of photos to work from throughout the workshop and plenty to keep you busy throughout the year to come.
We'll work weekdays and play weekends (we'll sneak some play in throughout the week too) The class will have a maximum of 8 participants. Open to artists of all experience levels. Bring your art supplies (pastels and/or oils). Easels and liquids are provided in the studio.
Medieval walled towns, Paris, museums, picturesque Saturday markets and brocantes (flea markets in neighboring towns, where inexpensive treasures can be found). We can spend luxurious hours at the Musee d'Orsay getting our fill of Degas and the Impressionists, crepes, cafe au lait, anything Parisian. You will be saturated
with France with not a moment wasted (unless you want to). And on top of all this, we will be wined and dined (oh the cheese!) by our hosts, Kippy and Jerome, with candlelit patio dinners and lots of laughter late into the nights. It is a delightful, indulgent 2 weeks where you will make lifetime friends and memories. No need to speak French (unless you want to); our hosts do.
Your home for 14 days will be La Bonne Etoile, a charming 250 year old farmhouse, 65 miles southeast of Paris, in the small village of Fontaine-Forches. The village is nestled in a corner of the Ile de France on the edge of the Brie, Champagne and Burgundy regions.
Most rooms are double occupancy, 2 one-person rooms are available on a first-come, first-served basis.
3900 Euros all inclusive.
EXCLUDING AIRFARE to France
• 14 nights of lodging in a charming French farmhouse with on-location studio
• All meals, drinks, and gratuities
• All tuition with Margaret Dyer
• All model fees
• Your choices of excursions: Paris, medieval Provins, Sens, Nogent sur Seine, Troyes, Fontainebleau. We are in easy driving distance of all.
• All ground transportation costs, including all airport transfers and excursions
• Admissions to museums and sites
• Unlimited studio time with easels supplied
• A staff member from La Bonne Etoile will accompany your group for the duration of your stay.
All rates are quoted in Euros.
The final payment, due 60 days before arrival, will freeze the exchange rate in US Dollars (as of January 2018, 3900 Euros = $4683.00).
Email Kippy Hammond at firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information:
La Bonne Etoile